Wow what a day! Had the day off and we want to the dog park it was great. That night I was able to go on a date with becca. She looked so good. We had a small bite at paramount cafe. That place is like a bar and cafe. Would be like a place in Cali called Lake Alice if they had more pool tables. After that we went to a movie and then took the train back home.
God is really good allowing us to still have good date night after seven years of marriage. Also thanks to Smelley and his girl.
Today I embark on an adventure that I will never finish. Lets be honest for a few minuets. This year I want to write a blog post a day allowing people into my real life. No hiding behind fake christianity. I want to post about my life as a Christian, a husband, a father, a friend, and anything else people label me as. Some days I might write about what I learned in the Word of God, while others days might just be about the struggles I had. So lets start this year out with my first post.
Today I had a great opportunity to hang out with my wife and son at the local dog park throwing balls for our two Jack Russell's. After the dog park we were blessed by our friends with movie tickets for Monsters inc.. It was a good to be able to just sit back and relax. Tonight Becca and I watched Facing the Giants which made me want to help change the world. This is not the first time I wanted to change the world but this time will be different. I am choosing to start with my family, not the world. I want my family to be a loving, happy, truth telling family. This life is the only one I have and I will make the best of it. Right now I am getting off so I can start to read the Bible for the year. YouVersion is where I picked the Bible reading plan Eating through this book. I start this year with a post a day. Read, Pray, Love, and find God in this place.
How long do you thing I will make it.
This is my personal Theology of God and my resolve to live one way.
Thanks to Pastor Tom over at The Grove I have been able to steal some of his thoughts and add my own to come up with a Personal Theology of God.
The helps me out when I am in a slump to be able to look back at it and remember some key truths. I hope this inspires many of you to come up with one for you're selves.
1. God loves me and does not "mess" with my life
2. God cares about me even when I don't feel his presence
3. God is always there for me when I need him- through all of my seasons
4. God's ways are right even when they seem hard- All the Bible is true
5. God's discipline in my life shows he loves and cares for me
6. Chastisement is used to correct me in love not anger
7. God created me unique, I am not a mistake, I am his creation
8. God has forgiven my sins and forgotten my past mistakes, I will live forgiven
9. Who I am is a reflection of God's grace
10. When I feel guilty it is not God making me feel that way, I will live guilt free as a believer
11. God desires truth, I will tell all the truth all the time (a grove value)
12. God is my number One, Becca is my number two and everyone else is beneath
13. Being my number One everything must resolve around God
14. God is to big to always figure out, when I can't I will still trust him completely
15. Life is too short to pout, whine, complain and have a negative attitude, I will live positive
16. I will live with grace and extend it to others
17. Life is not about me it is about God's glory-(kaveda) and his will
18. I will love one women (Becca) all my life
19. I choose to laugh and tease and not take myself too seriously
20. I will choose to finish well
21. With God's help I will not run when life get's hard. I won't blame God and others
22. I choose to be generous with all I have- it all belongs to God anyway
23. I will daily cherish his word and time spent with Him in prayer
24. God is working everything out for his good
25. My mom's lies can't undue God's truth
26. No matter what I am going through I will remember that nothing can separate me from God's love
27. I choose to live a life of faith not fear or discouragement
28. Nothing that stands before me is impossible with God (Matt19:26)
29. What door God opens for me no man can close (Rev3:8)
What would yours say?