Living Word Oak Harbor
We serve a God who deeply cares about the people in his kingdom!
1. Jesus know the needs in his kingdom.
- as he went through the town he knew what they needed, and this is still true today. He knows your needs, fears, hurts and the king is here to help.
What we think we need and the things we actually need tend to be different, And Jesus knows the difference.
(Prayer: is the conversation between us and God but we need to give him a chance to show us our real needs. How many times have we asked God for a bandaid for our needs when he could have heal the whole thing)
2. Jesus meets needs in his kingdom though his people!
God includes us. 9 they pray for laborers 10 they become the laborers
It's easy to look inward to see if I am able but it's hard to look outward to the one who can provide the skills needed to fulfill the needs of the kingdom.
See a need ask how can I help, not send someone to help!
3. Jesus equips His People to meets needs!
Matt 10 Jesus taught them and now he is sending them out.
Don't fear I am with you and will equips you for your journey.
WHAT IS YOUR STORY? Where is God taking you? How has he equipped you?
Our kings address for the people. Are you willing to follow?
“The poor in spirit are blessed, for the kingdom of heaven is theirs. Those who mourn are blessed, for they will be comforted. The gentle are blessed, for they will inherit the earth. (Matthew 5:3-5 HCSB)
Lord I come I confess.
What does this scripture mean to you?
Pastor Josh Potts
Have you ever reached a point in your life where you had to stop and wonder what your doing and how you got there?
How did I end up here?
We ask this question when we see our life is all out of sorts.
It's a small step to the next small step that brings us where we are today.
An encounter with Jesus affords us the opportunity to change!
1. Zacchaeus was not just a tax collector, he was the Cheif tax collector. Yet he acts like a small child to see Jesus. Runs to see him then climbs a tree just to see. Maybe he was desperate enough in his life that he needed a change that he did not care what he did he just needed Jesus.
2. Jesus did not miss a beat. Jesus invites himself over to dinner. Jesus was in
3. Zacchaeus knew what he needed to do but he had yet done nothing up to this point. It was his encounter with Jesus that brought him to do what was right.
4. Today salvation has come to your house. Jesus set him free! Galatians 5:1
Will you take today as an opportunity to have an encounter with Jesus? What ever is going on Jesus can change your life just as he did in Luke 19 with Zacchaeus.
I come before you and ask you to have an encounter. Let me know how it went.